Netflix Director Reacts to Report About Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson Documentary Drama
Last Updated on April 18, 2026 by Bella
A reported fallout involving Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson is now casting serious doubt over a planned Netflix documentary that had already generated major fan buzz. The project, which was reportedly set to follow the former One Direction bandmates on a road trip across the United States, now appears to be in limbo after allegations of an on set altercation surfaced in tabloid coverage on April 17.
According to The Sun, the documentary was quietly scrapped after Malik allegedly punched Tomlinson during filming several months ago. The outlet claimed the confrontation escalated after an alleged remark about Tomlinson’s late mother, Johannah Deakin, and reported that Tomlinson needed medical treatment afterward. Those claims remain unverified by Netflix or the artists’ representatives as of now, and neither Malik nor Tomlinson has publicly addressed the alleged incident.
Director Nicola Marsh Shares Frustrated Response
Fueling even more speculation, director Nicola Marsh appeared to respond publicly after the report spread online. Multiple outlets reported that Marsh reshared The Sun front page on her Instagram Story and wrote, “And there goes the last year of work.” That reaction has been widely interpreted as a sign that the documentary may indeed be dead, although Netflix has still not issued an official statement confirming the project’s cancellation.
What the Netflix Documentary Was Supposed to Be About
Reports about the project first surfaced in October 2025, when it was said that Marsh, who also directed Child Star, would helm a three part series following Malik and Tomlinson during a road trip. The documentary was expected to explore their rise to fame, their personal lives, their careers after One Direction, and the death of former bandmate Liam Payne in 2024. Netflix never formally announced the series, which makes the current situation even murkier.
Zayn Malik Also Shared a Health Update
The alleged documentary fallout surfaced on the same day Malik revealed he had been hospitalized. In an Instagram Story shared on April 17, the singer told fans he was still “unexpectedly recovering” after what he described as a difficult week. He did not disclose the illness or condition behind the hospital stay, but he thanked hospital staff and apologized to fans he would miss. That update came on the release day of his new album, Konnakol.
Entertainment Weekly also reported that some planned promotional appearances tied to the album were canceled because of his health issue, though Malik is still expected to begin his tour in May. That timing has only added more attention to an already chaotic news cycle surrounding the singer.
Why Fans Are Watching Closely
Because Netflix never officially unveiled the documentary, much of what is known right now comes from reports and social media reactions rather than studio confirmation. Still, Marsh’s reported response has made the story much harder to dismiss as routine tabloid noise. Until Netflix, Zayn Malik, or Louis Tomlinson comment directly, the project’s fate remains uncertain.
More From Celeb Fuse
Ice Spice Slapped During McDonald’s Altercation in Hollywood (Video)
Christina Applegate Hospitalized in Los Angeles Amid Ongoing Health Battle

